PDM rubber seals are made of Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, a type of synthetic rubber that is known for its weather resistance, ozone resistance, and resistance to extreme temperatures. These properties make EPDM rubber seals ideal for use in a wide variety of applications, including:
- Roofing membranes
- Window and door seals
- Automotive gaskets
- Pool and spa liners
- Industrial hoses
- Electrical insulation
- Food-grade applications
EPDM rubber seals are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and thicknesses to suit different needs. They can be molded, extruded, or cut to custom specifications.
Here are some of the advantages of using EPDM rubber seals:
- Weather resistance: EPDM rubber seals are resistant to UV rays, ozone, and extreme temperatures, making them ideal for outdoor use.
- Ozone resistance: EPDM rubber seals are resistant to ozone, which can cause other types of rubber to crack and degrade.
- Temperature resistance: EPDM rubber seals can withstand temperatures ranging from -40 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit, making them suitable for a wide variety of applications.
- Water resistance: EPDM rubber seals are resistant to water, making them a good choice for applications where water intrusion is a concern.
- Chemical resistance: EPDM rubber seals are resistant to a variety of chemicals, making them suitable for use in industrial applications.
- Food-grade: EPDM rubber seals are available in food-grade varieties that are safe for use in contact with food.
If you are looking for a durable and weather-resistant rubber seal for your application, EPDM rubber is a good option to consider.
Here are some of the places where you can find EPDM rubber seals:
- Hardware stores
- Home improvement stores
- Industrial supply stores
- Online retailers
When choosing an EPDM rubber seal, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The application for which the seal will be used
- The size and shape of the seal
- The temperature range that the seal will be exposed to
- The chemical resistance requirements of the seal
You should also consult with a qualified professional to ensure that you choose the right EPDM rubber seals for your needs.